Terms and Conditions of Use
© Bank for International Settlements ("BIS")
Use of this website (nexus.bisih.org) constitutes agreement by users of this website ("Users") with the following terms and conditions.
- 1.All copyright and other intellectual property rights in the publications available on this website, including processes, message flows and API specifications contained in the publications ("Nexus Material") are owned by the BIS. Except as outlined below, all rights are reserved.
- 2.Users may use Nexus Material on the following conditions without obtaining written permission from the BIS (for any other use, BIS permission must be requested by email to [email protected])
- 1.Subject to clause 2(2) below, Users may use Nexus Material to develop payments software, products or services. Nexus Material may not be sold.
- 2.Users may use or reproduce a limited extract of Nexus Material in other publications or products free of charge, provided the BIS is cited as the source and, with respect to translations, a statement is included that the translation is not an official BIS translation. By way of guidance, a "limited extract" means any extract of not more than 400 words of text or two tables or graphs and the underlying data made available by the BIS, and in any case not exceeding 10% of the relevant publication.
- 3.Users who maintain an external website may include electronic links to this website (nexus.bisih.org), as long as this:
- 1.does not infringe the intellectual property rights of the BIS, in particular with respect to its names, acronyms and logos; and
- 2.is not misleading, for instance by implying endorsement by or affiliation with the BIS.
- 1.The BIS is an international organisation which fosters cooperation among central banks and other agencies in pursuit of financial and monetary stability. It has no supervisory or regulatory functions or responsibilities. Its banking services are provided exclusively to central banks, monetary authorities and international financial institutions. The BIS does not accept deposits from, or provide banking services or advice to, private individuals or companies. The BIS has set up an Innovation Hub (the “BISIH”) to foster innovation and greater collaboration amongst the central banking community globally, enhance the understanding of financial technology and contribute to the development of innovative solutions to benefit and enhance the financial system.
- 2.The Nexus Material is provided “as is”. The BIS does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of any information or material on this website. Under no circumstances shall the BIS be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered in connection with reliance by any person on any such information or material.
- 3.Nothing on this website shall be construed as containing any investment recommendation or advice.
- 4.Except where expressly stated to the contrary, the views stated in any material on this website are those of the authors thereof and are not necessarily those of the BIS or its member central banks.
- 5.The designations used and the presentation of material on this website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the BIS concerning the legal status of any country, area or territory or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
- 6.This website may contain electronic links to other websites. This does not imply any endorsement or responsibility on the part of the BIS with respect to the opinions, ideas, data or products presented on other websites.
- 7.Under no circumstances shall the BIS be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered in connection with the use of this website, including (but not limited to) any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay.
- 1.The BIS may collect information about Users' browsing history as well as certain other information related to Users' use of and visits to this website through the use of various technological tools - including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. This website uses Google Analytics to see how many visitors have come to the website, from where and for how long. Please note that this website does not use the advertising or marketing features of Google Analytics.
- 1.The BIS may at any time without notice:
- 1.add to, update or modify material on this website; or
- 2.limit access to or discontinue the whole or any part of this website.
- 2.Nothing in these terms and conditions shall constitute a waiver of any of the privileges or immunities of the BIS in any jurisdiction.
- 3.These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Switzerland.